[fsug-tvm] [X-post] Invitation to FOSSMeet 2014
Anoop John
2014-02-10 09:47:26 UTC
Hello,

Hope all of you are aware of FOSSMeet, the premier Free Software event in
Kerala organized by NIT Calicut annually.

FOSSMeet is not just an event for Free Software developers to come around
and sit in technical presentations, seminars and workshops but it is also
is an opportunity for Free Software activists across Kerala to come
together for 3 days, connect with each other, have fun and at the same time
brainstorm for other Free Software activities for the rest of the year. It
was during a FOSSMeet that we charted out the plan for the FreedomWalk
campaign (http://www.freedomwalk.in). So I know that it works. NIT Calicut
has a beautiful campus and it would be a worthwhile experience spending the
3 days at the campus thinking of nothing but FOSS.

This year's FOSSMeet is going to be held from 14th to 16th of February at
NIT Calicut. I will be presenting a session on Drupal on the 15th. You can
see the schedule at - http://fossmeet.in/2014/. More importantly I am
looking forward to meeting and connecting with new Free Software activists
from across Kerala. You can register online or walk in and register at the
event. The sessions have limited seats so you might want to register online
to book the seats. You could also walk in and register at the event if you
are not able to register online.

I know that this is probably a bit late to send this invitation for booking
railway tickets but I think you would still be able to get tatkal tickets
for the event. Of course you could get general tickets and sit / stand and
travel and come for the event, it would still be worth it :-)

Look forward to seeing at least some of you at the event.

Thanks
*Anoop John*
Chief Technology Officer

[image: Zyxware Technologies]
Be the change you wish to see in the world - *M. K. Gandhi*
[image: S]

aj_zyxware

[image: W]

www.zyxware.com

[image: F]

www.facebook.com/zyxware
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

ilug-tvm-unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org

For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram" group.
Pirate Praveen
2014-02-10 10:15:57 UTC
[Anoop, note the new address of smc]
Post by Anoop John
Hello,
Hope all of you are aware of FOSSMeet, the premier Free Software event in
Kerala organized by NIT Calicut annually.
FOSSMeet is not just an event for Free Software developers to come around
and sit in technical presentations, seminars and workshops but it is also
is an opportunity for Free Software activists across Kerala to come
together for 3 days, connect with each other, have fun and at the same time
brainstorm for other Free Software activities for the rest of the year. It
was during a FOSSMeet that we charted out the plan for the FreedomWalk
campaign (http://www.freedomwalk.in). So I know that it works. NIT Calicut
has a beautiful campus and it would be a worthwhile experience spending the
3 days at the campus thinking of nothing but FOSS.
Yes, it is a great place to plan upcoming events. It is during one of
the foss meets me and Sooraj planned to conduct SMC camps across
Kerala.

We also had a chamba camp there. We also planned savepoddery.com
campaign last year.
Post by Anoop John
[...]
Looking forward to meeting you. Also I look forward to building a team
to run few more communication infra ourselves (we have a diaspora
instance at poddery.com run by our community, I would like email and
email lists added to that - not just Free Software, but beating google
services in features as well. GroupServer.net, mailpile.is and zimbra
looks good to me.)
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your rights

Anivar Aravind
2014-02-10 10:26:13 UTC
Post by Anoop John
3 days at the campus thinking of nothing but FOSS.
Yes, it is a great place to plan upcoming events. It is during one of
the foss meets me and Sooraj planned to conduct SMC camps across
Kerala.
We also had a chamba camp there. We also planned savepoddery.com
campaign last year.
Missing it this time . I am personally tied up and not in a position to
travel these days , Missing 2 events very close 2 me (ViBYOR and
fossmeet )

All wishes and hope it will be fruitful

~ regards
Anivar